Who should I see?

Which service do I need?

Feeling Under the Weather?

The NHS has launched its winter campaign ‘Feeling under the weather?’ which aims to reduce pressure on the NHS urgent and emergency care system. Please visit the website for useful advice on winter health problems and how to get help treating them.

Use Self Care:

We all have small accidents at home or suffer from minor ailments such as coughs and colds. It’s a good idea to keep your medicine cabinet stocked up with over the counter remedies and a first aid kit. Don’t forget to keep your medicines out of the reach of children.

Your medicine cabinet should contain pain relief, antihistamines, oral rehydration salts, anti-diarrhoea tablets, indigestion treatment and sunscreen. Always follow the directions on medicine packets and information leaflets, and never exceed the stated dose.

Your first aid kit should contain bandages, plasters, a thermometer, antiseptic, eyewash solution, sterile dressings, medical tape, and tweezers.

Contact 111:

111 is a 24-hour online or phone service that offers advice about what to do if you are feeling unwell. The telephone service offers confidential health advice and information 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. You can also visit their information website or use the 111 online service here.

Ask your pharmacist:

From sprains to stomach upsets; your local pharmacist is qualified to give expert advice without an appointment for may conditions. Very often your local pharmacist can provide advice and save you a trip to your GP surgery.

Ask your Health Visitor:

If you have a child under the age of 5 and need advice on their health or development your Health Visitor may be able to help you.

Ask your midwife:

If you are pregnant and have any concerns and like advice your midwife may be able to help you.

See a GP or Practice Nurse:

If you have an illness that is not responding to self care or advice from your pharmacist, click here for information on the range of types of appointments that are available to book online or by telephone.